Monday, August 18, 2008

About Today: How to Cook Anything

About.com    Today
In the Spotlight | More Topics |
  from Jen Hubley
In a recent effort to stave off malnutrition and fatness, I have started cooking myself actual dinners. I haven't burned down my kitchen or poisoned myself yet, but I'm a long way from being a threat to Rachael Ray.

 
In the Spotlight
How to Cook Anything
When I started this great culinary mission, I was ashamed to discover that I really had no idea what was involved in each cooking method. What, for example, is broiling? Braising? Roasting? Can't you just stick everything in the oven and come back in an hour or something? (Turns out: No.)

 
           More Topics
Chicken & Poultry Safety Tips
Reading this article, it amazes me that I'm not typing my newsletter from a hospital bed. Seriously, it's like I'm trying to grow salmonella.

 
Safety in the Kitchen
Or: "How not to burn down the house." Recommended by my landlord, who would like to have a building when I'm done preparing dinner.

 
 
Sponsored Links
 
Back to School
Tips for Students, Parents and Teachers.
Get the house, the school, and the kids ready for the new school year with shopping tips, recipe ideas, homework help and more!

Advertisement
 
 
Visit Related About GuideSites:
Arts & Entertainment Automotive Careers
Citysearch Cities & Towns Computing & Technology Education
Food & Drink Health & Fitness History
Hobbies & Games Homework Help House & Home
Industry & Business Magazines Money
News & Issues Parenting & Family People & Relationships
Religion & Spirituality Shopping & Style Small Business
Sports Teens Travel
Search About   

 
Sign up for more free newsletters on favorite topics.

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter as babylakes.postaction@BLOGGER.COM. If you wish to change or remove your email address, please visit:
http://www.about.com/nl/usgs.htm?nl=todaysl&e=babylakes.postaction@BLOGGER.COM

About respects your privacy. Our Privacy Policy.

Our Contact Information.
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2008 About, Inc.

No comments: